July 14, 2016

▸ JULY 2016

 
 
 
A broken soldier …Dylan Meyer lived his life fast and hard, doing anything to keep his emotions masked. In Crystal Gulf, Texas, women, drugs, and alcohol are in abundance. After all, it’s a college town. But eventually, his lifestyle caught up to him. The birth of his daughter, Aubrey, forced him to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. He let his vices go, cleaned up his act, and allowed himself to fall for Harley Evans.
But Dylan is a liar.

He lied to himself. To Harley. To his best friend, Bach. And then he lied himself right into a U.S. Army uniform. When he went to war, he left Harley with his best friend in hopes that he’d look out for her while he was deployed. Not in his darkest nightmares did he think Bach and Harley would fall in love.
 
 
 
 
There are no mistakes in love.Captain of the soccer team, president of the Debate Club, contender for valedictorian: Taylor’s always pushed herself to be perfect. After all, that’s what is expected of a senator’s daughter. But one impulsive decision—one lie to cover for her boyfriend—and Taylor’s kicked out of private school.

Everything she’s worked so hard for is gone, and now she’s starting over at Hundred Oaks High.

Soccer has always been Taylor’s escape from the pressures of school and family, but it’s hard to fit in and play on a team that used to be her rival. The only person who seems to understand all that she’s going through is her older brother’s best friend, Ezra. Taylor’s had a crush on him for as long as she can remember. But it’s hard to trust after having been betrayed.

Will Taylor repeat her past mistakes or can she score a fresh start?
 
 
 
 
He’s a single dad, and he needs a ladyI massage naked guys for a living, but it’s strictly business. As a physical therapist, I get my hands on the hottest guys in sports, but I’m a professional. I have rules.

And I’m *this* close to breaking every one of them.

It’s all his fault: Austin “The Champ” Sherwood, the gorgeous football god. He’s most valuable on the field, and most desired in the bedroom. He’s my obnoxious patient. I hate him. I want him. But we’re forced together as he's recovering from a season-ending injury.

Rejecting him should be easy. I shouldn’t want to date a client, but my heart melts when I see him with his baby daughter. A football god who’s not a player? He's a dream-come-true, but I can’t date him. Our forbidden romance could get me fired.

But what will we lose if we walk away?
 
 
 
 
A fairy tale romance, Nashville style! A small town girl, a chance at stardom… or a chance at love. Does she have to choose?

Small town girl Gillian Heart moved to Nashville to get a record deal—not end up on some playboy's arm. That's why she tells herself she can't get too personal with sexy music agent, Will Adams. Will makes her heart flutter, but he's also broken plenty of hearts in this city.

Will thinks Gillian has what it takes to make it in Nashville, but he can't help being wildly attracted to her in a way that has little to do with music. She inspires him to change his ways, but he's still wary about mixing business with pleasure. He did that once before and got burned.

But neither Will nor Gillian can deny the spark between them. As things heat up, Gillian dares to imagine a life with Will—even though she knows he's not a forever kind of guy. And then Will makes a move—bringing back memories of the father who abandoned her—that makes her question him and her whole life in Nashville.

Can Gillian get over the disappointments of the past and find her place in Nashville, and with Will?
 
 
 
 
I touched my boss’s precious princess. Now, he wants my head on a platter.Ryder

I shouldn’t have gone anywhere near Pia.
But how can you blame me?
Her father is the one who assigned me to guard her 24/7.

With a body that fine, a smile that tempting…
I’ve never been good at keeping my hands to myself.
It was only a matter of time until I took her as my own.

This time, though, I might’ve gone too far.
After all, it’s never a good idea to mess with the daughter of the Don.
When he finds out what I’ve done, he wants blood.
My blood.

Now, I’m torn between my duty and my desire.
And no matter which way I turn, I can’t see a way out.

Pia

I knew he wasn’t the man for me… until I ended up pregnant with his baby.

Ryder is a hitman for my mafia boss father.
When I’m attacked by a masked man one night, he adds “Pia’s bodyguard” to his job description.
He was supposed to protect me.
But the moment Ryder showed up at my door, he made me his.

His mouth claimed me.
His hands possessed me.
His eyes enslaved me.

But now, my father is forcing me to marry another man.
That is, until he discovers that I’m carrying Ryder’s baby.
Now, all our lives are in danger.

Family, fear, pheromones… it’s hard to know what to do next.
There’s only one thing I know for certain:
My world will never be the same again.
 
 
 
Gavin McManus is exact right person to be the lead singer of a band like Rogue. He’s got the requisite disheveled good looks, confidence, and undeniable magnetism, but what sets him apart is the way he funnels the childhood pain of his mother abandoning him into wounded-rock-star mystique.

Sophie Kavanaugh was drawn to Gavin long before he found fame. Her own desire to be what he needed, to somehow be the one to fix him, lasted beyond what should have simply been a memorable school-days romance. Their reunion several years later happens just as Gavin’s band, Rogue, has made a splash in the college music scene, and there’s no turning back.

Over the course of three more albums and the next decade, Rogue earns their place as the biggest band in the world, while Sophie finds her own career as a model. They exude the outward appearance of the perfect rock star/supermodel couple. At the same time, Conor, Gavin’s best friend and the band’s guitarist, struggles to contain his deepening feelings for Sophie. But no matter what tests Gavin and Sophie face, their need for each other never wavers. It’s what works for them. Until it doesn’t.
 
 
 
 
Kiran Clark has kept his love life simple: no commitments, no relationships, no attachments of any kind. Lately, his reputation has left a lot to be desired, and his guilt is more than he is willing to admit.

Moving to a new town, Kiran vows to start fresh and let go of his old ways, but life did not prepare him for Belle Paasch.

Belle lived most of her life locked away from the world, but when she collides with Kiran, she is unprepared for what he has in store. When the shadows of Belle’s past threaten the only people she has ever cared about, she is forced to sacrifice her new life for the sake of those she loves.
 
 
 
 
Caroline:

When someone says “Make me stay” in the most dramatic, love-sick kind of way, most people think it sounds desperate, weak, or needy. I, for one, think it sounds like all of the above! I’m not stupid, and I sure as heck am not desperate. In fact, I’m the complete opposite of weak. I’ve lived my live with a steel trap around my heart, and I don’t need anyone—especially a man. So how in the hell did a wannabe rock star get me to say those three words…make me stay?

Kane:

One-woman man? You’ve got to be joking. I was a rock god…in a bar…in a small town…eh, details. I was getting women like I was their gift from God. I was going to make it big. My band and I were going to bust out of Small Town, USA, and we were going to knock the panties off every woman in sight. So, when I caught some sexy groupie touching my baby…my beautiful guitar, did I want to test those waters? Hell, yes! But did I want to be a one-woman man? Hell, no! But after that, all I knew was that I wanted to make her stay.
 
 
 
 
Florence Reynolds never thought she’d see him again. Sure, she was moving to New York City after years abroad, but Alistair Blair was in a different stratosphere now. He had conquered the city, made a name for himself. The two of them were a long way from the dirt roads of their youth. Their individual paths had led in opposite directions, which was exactly as they had both intended.

They had both moved on. They had both tried to forget. Florence never wanted to see him again.

But when Florence’s editor gives her a high-profile article to write, an important cornerstone article interviewing Manhattan’s hottest businessman, Florence finds herself back in Alistair’s orbit, thrust suddenly into the uncomfortable present and the painful past that bind them together.

Secrets shared and never forgotten threaten to collide, and to ruin.

Latest Pins

© Night Session Reader. Design by FCD.