February 10, 2015

REVIEW: Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley





Indy Savage, cop's daughter, rock chick and used bookstore owner, has been in love with Lee Nightingale, once bad boy, now the man behind Nightingale Investigations, since she was five years old. No matter what ingenious schemes Indy used to capture his attention, Lee never showed an interest and Indy finally gave up. Now Indy's employee, Rosie, has lost a bag of diamonds and bad guys are shooting at him. When Indy gets involved, Lee is forced to help. Complicating matters, Lee has decided he's interested, Indy's decided she's not. But she can't seem to keep Lee out of her life when she's repeatedly stun gunned, kidnapped and there are car bombs exploding (not to mention she's finding dead bodies).

Indy's best bet is to solve the mystery of the diamonds before Lee. Lee's challenge is to keep Indy alive and, at the same time, win back her heart.
A really funny light read, loved the lead couple and would have enjoyed a bit more one on one between them. I really loved all the different crazy characters in this book and would love to meet Tex. I look forward to reading more from this series and am starting to think Kristen Ashley is up there as one of my favourite authors.



Indy Savage is the daughter of a cop, a bookstore owner, and a wild child. She's loved Lee Nightingale since she was five years old. Once she was old enough, she would practically throw herself at him, only to be rejected. After feeling humiliated by the last rejection, she made sure to avoid him for good and move on. Now she's in trouble because of her coffee 'artiste' Rosie who apparently has some diamonds these men want. He has dealt pot to the wrong people and now they seem to be after him, which in turn means her too. How do they know? They get shot at. The only one who can help them is the one she wants to keep at arms lengths, Lee.
“For what it’s worth, I’ll share my intentions. You and me, we aren’t practice for the real thing. It isn’t that too much is at stake with family and friends, it’s because I love you. You’re funny, beautiful and you care about people. I like the way you look at me, especially when you think I don’t notice it. I like that we have history and our kids will have a big family and share that history because there was never a time when their Mom and Dad weren’t together. If you were a terrible lay, I might have second thoughts but you and I are dynamite together. I intend to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you. If that freaks you out, tough, because now we’ve started this, there’s no goin’ back.”


Indy was this crazy rock chick. She was fun and outgoing. I felt for her when it came to her feeling totally embarrassed from the last rejection she got from Lee. They have grown up together, so they have been and still are in each others lives because of family events. But when he tells her she is like his little sister (OUCH!), she gives up on him and tries to move on with other guys. Indy was quite badass, but not in crazy manly proportions. I loved that about her, she and her best friend were also kind of fearless. But she was annoying in a few scenes. She would have these tantrums that were a tad childish for a thirty year old. But overall, I liked her.

This book had some action, some quite hilarious moments, a bit of steam (nothing too crazy hot), and of course some sexy alpha badass men. I totally forgot to mention that these two, were interrupted SO many times throughout the book while they were 'trying' to get it on. I felt their pain, hahaha! It was a fun read and really entertaining. All of the characters were a bunch of oddballs but together they were all perfect and the banter was just awesome. There were a few moments however, that I felt the story dragged on a bit, which had me skimming. These were just a few parts throughout the book. I did really, really liked Lee...but didn't end up loving him. I didn't like why he waited so long and his reasons for being a jerk. Stil, l liked him nonetheless, even if he was a possessive caveman at times. It was a great book, may not be a top Kristen Ashley book for me, but really freaking great. One you should definitely give a try. I can't wait to read Eddie's book *sigh*. He had me very interested from this book that I can't wait to read his very soon.


Post a Comment

Latest Pins

© Night Session Reader. Design by FCD.