March 2, 2015

REVIEW: Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley






Lanie Heron isn't looking for love-no surprise, considering her last serious relationship nearly got her killed. So when Lanie propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club . . .

For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable. She's too polished and too classy for his taste. But when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can't say no. And he doesn't regret it when he finds that Lanie is the best thing that's ever happened to him-in or out of bed. Now the trick will be to convince her of that.


After Lanie Heron's ex-fiancée Elliot turned out to be 'whacked', and she almost died because of it, she has decided she doesn't want a serious relationship. All she wants is one night of fun and she has picked the perfect guy for the job, Hop Kincaid, the good looking biker from Chaos.

Sure, Hop Kincaid likes Lanie, but she isn't what he would usually pick. She is model thin, too classy, and a lady. But he can't give up a night to be with her for one night and hope it doesn't get complicated. Once he's had a taste of her, he can't seem to get enough. Now he has to try to convince her to let him have more than one night.



Lanie has been feeling guilt for the passed eight years for what happened with her ex--now deceased--fiancée. She blames herself for not listening to her best friend Tyra's warning about him, which resulted in the almost killing of Tyra and herself. She doesn't want to get hurt again or give herself in that way ever again to another man. But, Hop is determined to get her to get rid of the monster that haunts her. But there is more to her nightmares that stems from her early life involving her father.
"You mean somethin’ to me in a way, for a man, he wants the world to know it. I’m proud you’re on my arm in my bed and I want to share that with my family. Don’t keep takin’ that away from me." --Hop


I liked that Lanie wasn't whiny but she wasn't perfect either. And seeing her interact with Hop's kids. Can I just say that I love Hop's son, Cody. He is gonna be trouble in the future with the ladies.

However, she seemed to come to conclusions way too fast without talking about it first. This annoyed me. She hated the fact that Hop would be judged so quickly without people knowing him, and yet, she was doing the same thing.


Hop, I wasn't sure I was going to like because of what I got from him in the Motorcycle Man. Well I can now say that I do because I finally understand where he was coming from, but, he felt different to me than any of Kristen Ashley's regular Alpha heroes that I've read. He wasn't bad or anything, I just felt like he was really sweet and not really bad-ass or alpha enough for me. Like I said, it wasn't exactly a bad thin, it just felt weird because I guess I wasn't expecting that from him. I loved getting to know about his life and his kids. He really was a great and loyal guy and I like him very much.

The thing that I felt was missing was the build up. I needed some sexual tension. The first sex scenes were great but then it kinda went down after that.
“Every step, every breath, every second I lived on this earth, I’m thankful for, no matter how fucked up or whacked or hard or good, ’cause all that shit led me to you.” --Hop



I still, don't one hundred percent get what is going on with the problem they have with Benito, so I hope we get to find out soon.

I Loved the fact that Tack showed up in this one. I don't think I can ever get enough of him. He was Awesome!! *sigh* Yes, he is still a favorite of mine.



Post a Comment

Latest Pins

© Night Session Reader. Design by FCD.