November 1, 2016

REVIEW: Mr. President

 
 
 
 
He's won the hearts of millions. But is he willing to lose his?

I met the president’s son when we were both young. Matthew Hamilton was handsome, polished, and intelligent. I’d never met a guy like him.

He promised me that he’d never run for president. I promised that if he did, I’d be by his side.

Three terms later, an invitation to join Matthew Hamilton’s campaign is the most exhilarating opportunity I’ve ever experienced. I'm determined to make a difference; he is determined to win.

Focused on his goal, Matt is steadfast, ruthless, and disarming. All eyes are on him and his popularity is surging. But soon, the next possible president of the United States is possessing me in more ways than one—and despite the risks, I'm helpless to resist.

We're stealing touches, stealing moments, and stealing away at night. But our chemical connection is quickly becoming dangerously combustive, putting not only my heart, but Matt's chance at the presidency on the line.

Winning will take everything. Walking away will be the hardest thing of all.
 
I got the privilege to read this book as an ARC and let me tell you that I've been waiting for this book to pop out in my kindle. I never doubted for a second that this book won't be anything other than spectacular. The book draws you in the minute you read the first pages. I might tell you that if Matt runs for president in the real world he would have gotten my vote automatically.
 
The first pages we got a glimpse of how Charlotte felt about Matt. His eyes, height, his warm gaze and how he looks in a business suit. Total hotness in one. Katy delivers this book very well.
 

“I’m high from him, from the looks, the stolen touches, the secret lust, watching him at rally after rally, speaking firmly and from the heart to crowds calling out his name.”  

 
 
 
Matt's dad was once the President of the United States. He grew up seeing how his mother changed everyday while his dad have to rule the country and wasn't always with his family. Matt never pictured himself getting married and giving that same life to his wife and kids. He doesn't want them to feel how he and his mother felt when his dad was never there, he took up a bigger more responsibility in his shoulder than anyone ever does.
 

“He is the man his father groomed and that a nation has waited for.”  

 
And in comes Charlotte, she keeps him grounded, makes him forget the responsibility he has to take on. All he ever wants was for her to be with him, by his side the whole time.
 

“Matt takes the folder with lazy grace, his gaze still holding mine, his voice still terribly deep and unnerving. “See? I knew there was a reason I brought you on. You make me look good.”  

 
 
They can never have a normal relationship. Everywhere they go reporters are all up in them. He is always in the limelight. I don't know how they can ever pass this. I wanted him to win but then again they both know for sure they can never be together if that happens. Oh my God! there is just no way out. I'm obsessed with this characters. Both of them have the fire that I desperately need in my hero and heroine. She speaks her mind and is never afraid of anything. Both have been honest to each other from the very start, they know what's at stake.
 

“They called him prince when his father was alive, now he’s about to take the king’s throne.”  

 


 
What is the right thing? Do you follow your heart or your obligation to the country?
 
My heart broke so much when I read the last part of this book. Actually, I don't know if it was the last part or the fact that I have to wait for book 2 to come out. I never expected this to be a cliffhanger. But Oh My Katy! I want more of Matt and Charlotte.
Please don't make us wait too long. :(
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


Post a Comment

Latest Pins

© Night Session Reader. Design by FCD.