February 15, 2017

REVIEW: Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley





Jet McAlister has a secret. Eddie Chavez has the hots for Jet (not to mention Eddie’s just plain hot). Jet has too many problems to realize that Eddie’s interested. Eddie loses patience when Jet ends her waitressing shift at a strip club with a knife at her throat. Since Eddie’s a cop, he figures he can help. Since Jet’s used to solving everyone’s problems she doesn’t want Eddie’s help.




Throw in a Dolly Parton look-alike, a gruff but lovable strip club owner, Jet’s ne’er do well father, his ne’er do well friend, Bear, Bear’s long-suffering, chain-smoking wife Lavonne and the crew from Rock Chick and you’ve got Rock Chick Rescue.



Rock Chick Rescue takes you on a wild ride with Jet, Eddie and the gang as they wrestle bad guys in a bagel shop, hit Denver’s backstreet poker tables (with big hair), and help the strippers at Smithie’s take down a would-be murderer.


Through this, Jet’s got to learn that even when life made you give up your dreams, you can still end up with the (hot) guy. Eddie’s got to rescue Jet from a bad man (so he can do better things with her) and teach her that some dreams can come true.


★★★★★


I get ahead of myself. Rock Chick Rescue is the story of Jet and Eddie. We met them previously in the first book Rock Chick, where we learned Eddie was holding a torch for Indy and she chose Lee. Jet was more brief, but a quiet addition to the characters near the end of the book.




Jet works two jobs to help support her mother who had a stroke less than a year ago. From the moment she laid eyes on Eddie she had a huge crush on him, but she just isn't able to talk to hot guys. When Jet's dad comes back into town bringing trouble into her life, Jet's secrets come out and Eddie and her coworkers and friends step up to help her out.

Anyways, I normally don't enjoy Cinderella stories, but I really enjoyed this one. Mostly because Jet didn't lie down and expect Eddie to do everything for her, she really was self sufficient and worked hard for everything that came her way. Eddie was amazing, he's one of the better KA alpha heroes because he helped out Jet but he also gave her room to help herself.








One criticism..... this book constantly referred to Jet's lady parts as her "doo-da" and I had to put the book down when reading it because I can't even with that name. It was so awful.



This book just like the first also had me literally chuckling and laughing out loud while reading it. I think it's probably the funniest of Ashley's series and I cannot wait to read more as my book friends have said they get better and better as it goes on.
Lots and lots of laughs! Laugh so much my stomach hurt! Let me be perfectly clear this book gets four stars strictly due to it supporting cast of characters. I loved all the secondary characters. Not sure how it happened. AGAIN! All the secondary characters shined just as bright as the main two characters. That seems to be a perk with Kristen Ashley books and I do love reaping the benefits of it.



Jet and Eddie are muy caliente (very hot) I enjoyed every second of their romance.



In honesty I was not sure I would like this book after reading some of the reviews by my Goodreads friends. I was wrong. I loved it! 



Whenever Jet pissed me off a scene with the other characters made up for it. And yes, she pissed me off often. But between Smithie, Tex, Ada and Daisy I found myself very much entertained. 



1 comment

Latest Pins

© Night Session Reader. Design by FCD.